If you’re as pin-crazy as we are on Pinterest, you’ll know that mason jars have been all the rage lately and have cemented their place in interior home decor. Mason jars are not only useful but also simply adorable. With so many different ways to decorate them, it can be overwhelming on deciding which DIY project to take on. Can’t we just do them all, we often think to ourselves whenever we peruse through so many great DIYs. Well, that would take forever so we had to narrow it down to just one. This week on iLoveSexy Blog, we are getting into the spirit of Valentine’s Day by decorating our very own DIY mason jars and filling them up with special surprises. Whether you’re new to working with mason jars or happen to decorate your own and are looking for new ideas, you’ve come to the right place. What makes these mason jars special from all of the other Pin-worthy tutorials we’ve seen? Ours is filled with a cute, little surprise, which we’re sure your loved ones or friends would appreciate for Valentine’s Day. To learn how to make our DIY mason jars and find out surprise we have in store for you, keep on reading!
What you will need:
Small foam brush
1. Remove the lid from the mason jar and place it on top of a paper towel or scratch paper. Using the small foam brush, cover it with a layer of chalkboard paint. If needed, you may go in a second time and paint another layer over it after the first layer has dried. Make sure your layers are not too thick, otherwise you may not be able to write over them with chalk.
2. Take the outer rim of the mason jar and paint over it with your choice of acrylic paint. Depending on the finish and opacity, you may need two to three layers.
3. Set the lids and outer rims aside to dry. This is how they should look after they have thoroughly dried.
4. Fill your mason jars up with any candy of your choice. Since this was a Valentine’s themed DIY, we decided to go with some Hershey’s kisses and Dove chocolate hearts. Also, grab a pair of cute panties that your loved one or friends would like.
5. And here comes the fun part! Create a small bed of candy and stuff your panties in the middle. Fill the rest of your jar with more candy to the brim and cover it with the lid and mason jar.
6. To wrap things up, use your ribbon to tie a bow onto your mason jar.
And there you have it! We don’t know about you but we think these DIY mason jars are definitely Pin-worthy! The chalkboard paint really adds an adorable touch to this little project and personalized messages onto the lids will really make this special for your loved ones and friends. We’re sure these will work great as gifts, decorations and even party favors for parties and showers. Not to mention, an even better surprise awaits them after they open the mason jar. As we like to say–eat some candy, take a panty!
Are you excited that Valentine’s Day is officially kicking in next week? Have you started hunting for your gifts yet or do you work better under a little pressure? Whatever your shopping style, we’re sure you’ll find something great. Let us know if you liked our DIY mason jars and if you will be creating any of your own. What other goodies would you stuff inside these mason jars? As always, we want to see what creations you make with our weekly DIY tutorials, so please share them with us and don’t be shy! Check back again next week for our final Valentine’s Day DIY series. We guarantee you won’t want to miss it!