Do you love glitter as much as we do? If you follow our blog, then you’ll know just how obsessed we are over glitter and will find excuses to add it to just about anything! Does anything even exist that glitter does not look amazing on? We are on our second week of our Valentine’s Day DIY series, and boy, do we have a treat for you this week! Although we’ve pretty much given it away already, we hope you’re as excited as we are to try it out. These DIY glitter candles are a fun and inexpensive gift to show your friends and loved ones how much you mean to them. They’re eye-catching, festive and make the perfect decorations for the upcoming Valentine’s Day. Or if you really want to add a little romance to Valentine’s Day, you can the deck out your bedroom with these DIY glitter candles and get ready for that special night with something from our Valentine’s Day Lingerie Collection. Imagine how incredibly gorgeous they would look flickering on a tabletop while adding a nice, warm glow to the bedroom. Nothing says, “I love you” as much as a handmade gift, so let’s get started on crafting these dazzling beauties.
What you will need:
Small foam brushes
1. Draw a heart onto the sticker paper and cut the shape out.
2. Peel the adhesive side from the sticker paper and stick it onto the center of the candle. Make sure that it is firmly attached with no openings.
3. Dispense the Mod Podge onto a plate or dish and use a small foam brush to paint a thin layer around the entire candle.
4. Pour a generous amount of glitter onto a different plate or dish and roll the candle around, picking up glitter as you go. To fill uneven spots, apply a small amount of Mod Podge to the spot and roll it again in glitter until you have covered it up.
5. When you have finished applying an even coat of glitter to the candle, let it dry for around ten to fifteen minutes. After it has finished drying, carefully peel off the heart sticker stencil. If there are any loose glitters around the candle, you can use tape to remove them easily.
Tell us, does this or does this not look gorgeous? Simple yet beautiful, these DIY glitter candles will add sparkle and shine anywhere you take them. In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, we also created a red version of this. A pink glitter candle and red glitter candle would make an adorable gift set and will be much appreciated by whoever is lucky enough to receive them. You can use whatever kind of glitter you’d like, whether you prefer the chunky glitter shown here or the ultra-fine glitter we normally use. And you can get even get creative with the color of glitter you plan to use, and can create them with your loved one’s favorite colors.
Although there are those who tend to rag on Valentine’s Day for being too Hallmark-y and gimmicky, we can definitely say that this handmade gift is made with love. Will you be creating your own DIY glitter candles this year? Is there a special someone you would like to make these for? Please show off your creations if you use any of your tutorials and let us know. We would love to hear your thoughts, questions and comments, so leave us some love in the comment box below. We will continue counting down to Valentine’s Day with an all new tutorial next week!