Birds of a feather often flock together. And this week, at iLoveSexy Blog, we are flocking towards our lovely DIY feather headband that we’ve created for this week’s tutorial. Now that February is over, we will be entering the spring of this year towards the end of March. Just like last year’s trend, feathers are going to be hot this year, which is why you don’t want to miss this week’s DIY. Our DIY feather headband is spray painted gold for a dramatic, rustic feel and pairs beautifully with gold lingerie. Colors like black, red and white are often seen in lingerie, but why not bring gold to the bedroom for a truly luxurious look? From the runway to the retail stores, gold is a sophisticated color that truly never goes out of fashion. For our top gold lingerie picks you can rock with this headband, stick around until after the tutorial. If you’re looking for a way to spice up your lingerie with this elegant accessory, let’s jump right in and get started!
What you will need:
Hot glue gun
1. Spray paint an even coat onto the feathers. Repeat as necessary until you have the opacity you’d like.
2. This is how our feathers looked after two coats of spray paint.
3. Take a pair of scissors and cut the quills off the feather to make them more pliable when gluing them against the headband.
4. Dispense the hot glue in sections and press the feather onto the headband until it is securely adhered.
5. Make sure to overlap your feathers to avoid any quills sticking out. To cover up any gaps, you may cut some of the feathers into sections and glue them over any exposed areas.
Simple and quick, this DIY feather headband takes only a matter of minutes to complete and makes a fun fashion project. There’s nothing quite like going all out with your lingerie and dressing up to the nines. Check out these gorgeous selections of gold lingerie you can dress up in.
Temptation is never far away whenever there’s gold involved. A most precious asset, gold has been lusted after across cultures for thousands of years and continues to be coveted today. Bring a little gold sparkle to your bedroom today with the DIY feather headband and its golden lingerie accompaniments. Which one of these gold lingerie selections was your favorite? Will you be recreating this week’s DIY? Please let us know what you thought of our tutorial for the week in the comment box below and share with us any creations you’ve made from our past tutorials. We will be back next week with more ideas and inspiration for creative crafting!