Have you started planning out your Valentine’s Day? Wining and dining with your loved ones are a common part of celebrating the romance-filled holiday, which is why we have decided to go for a more classy route for this week’s DIY tutorial! For the seasoned wine connoisseur, our DIY etched wine glasses will make the perfect Valentine’s Day gift. Who doesn’t like to unwind with a book and glass of good wine after a long day? When it comes to living the good life, there is nothing wrong with indulging in the finer things, which includes great wine, gorgeous lingerie and good company. Mix the three together and who knows what sort of surprises you may find. The usability and functionality of these DIY etched wine glasses will have your loved ones thinking of you every time they enjoy a fine wine. Now, we will be working with materials that you may or may not have ever heard of before, but don’t let its novelty scare you. This tutorial is going to be fast and easy and takes less than half an hour to create these awesome personalized and stylish wine glasses. If you’re looking for something creative and unique to give to your loved ones or friends this Valentine’s Day, then gather your materials and let’s get started!
What you will need:
Foam brush or a small brush
1. To create your stencil, print out the design you would like etched on your wine glass. Cut the design into a small strip of paper and another strip of contact paper in the same size. Tape the regular paper on top of the contact paper and tape them together to the cutting board.
2. Using your X-Acto knife, carefully cut your stencil out. Try to be as precise as possible.
3. After you have finished cutting your stencil out, remove the tape and detach the contact paper from the regular paper. Your stencil should look something like this so far.
4. Peel off the adhesive side from the contact paper and carefully stick it onto your wine glass. Make sure to smooth the edges down so none of the etching cream we apply later will be able to seep through.
5. Put your rubber gloves on to avoid any possible chemical irritation. Take your foam brush and slather on a generous amount of Armour Etch on top of the stencil.
6. Leave your wine glass to dry for around ten to fifteen minutes. After you have done so, run the wine glass under cool water to rinse off the Armour Etch.
And now it’s complete! Simple and elegant, the possibilities in personalizing these DIY etched wine glasses are seemingly endless and make wonderful gifts or party favors. You can add names or phrases to them or even draw out your own design if you really want to get creative. Unfortunately, we didn’t have any wine lying around but we think filling our glass up with Valentine’s Day candy worked just as well, don’t you think?
Jazzing up your wine glasses has never been easier. And these snazzy DIY wine glasses make great last minute gifts and definitely look like they’ve taken a lot of time and effort to make. After all, what’s better than toasting to another amazing year spent with loved ones and friends? All we have to say is: cheers to that! We hope you’ve enjoyed this week’s DIY tutorial and gained some inspiration on new ideas for future potential gifts. Remember, Valentine’s Day is in two weeks and will arrive just before you know it. So if you haven’t gotten started on your search for the right gifts, take look around the rest of our blog for more fun and innovative ideas. What did you think of these DIY etched wine glasses? What sort of design would you like to etch on your own wine glass? Let us know if you end up using our tutorial and creating your own, because we would love to see what you’ve come up with. Share them on Twitter or Instagram and don’t forget to tag us at @ilovesexy.com. We will be back next week with more Valentine’s Day ideas so keep on reading and visit us again next week!