2014 has finally arrived and we could not be more happy to welcome in the new year! We hope you have had a wonderful and restful vacation. Now that we’re back in the office and ready to begin the new year, it’s time for some big changes here at iLoveSexy Blog. The holiday season just came to a close and we have been brewing many wonderful ideas to help get you prepped for the upcoming Valentine’s Day in February. Now we know that Valentine’s Day is still many days away, but starting from this week’s DIY tutorial, we will be coming up with love-themed Valentine’s Day gift ideas! While people primarily like to spend money on flowers, chocolates and lingerie, we, at iLoveSexy, believe that the best gifts come from the heart. This week, we have created a tutorial for you to create these charming and dainty DIY hair bows, which will make wonderful gifts to friends and loved ones for the holiday and for the upcoming spring. And to make things quick and easy for you, we will be doing a no-sew method. So grab your favorite pattern and your other materials and let’s get started!
What you will need:
Material of your choice
Hot glue gun
1. Take a tape measure and measure out around 11 x 6 inches of fabric. Use scissors to cut according to your measurements.
2. Fold over a small strip on one side of the fabric. Use hot glue to attach it.
3. Once you have made the fold, this is how your piece of fabric should look like so far.
4. Fold over the top and bottom of the fabric and dispense hot glue to attach it. This is how it should look like after you have done so.
5. Take the edge that has not been glued and fold it over. Fold the other side over, making sure that there is a slight overlap and dispense hot glue to keep it attached.
6. Scrunch the bow evenly, such as you would when folding a paper fan. Each fold you create, dispense a little hot glue in the center to secure the pleating.
7. Cut a small strip of fabric a few inches thick. Fold it in half and use hot glue to keep it attached.
8. Wrap the small strip of fabric around the center of the bow, leaving a small space in between the bow and the strip. Dispense hot glue to attach it.
9. Once the hot glue has dried, you may take an alligator clip and slip it between the fabric strip.
There you have it! Aren’t these hair bows simply adorable? Perfect as accessories or gifts, these bows can be used in a variety of ways. If you’d like, you can even skip the alligator clips and glue them on a headband instead. Or give it a masculine twist by clipping them onto bow tie clips, if you have a special man in your life that you would like to make these for.
And this is how the DIY hair bow actually looks in use. Hair bows have been as popular than ever and when worn with a chic sock bun, the look is fun, flirty and fresh. Super feminine and elegant, this fashion accessory looks amazing on a variety of hairstyles.
When it comes to giving gifts, it’s truly the thought that counts. And what could be more thoughtful than giving a handmade gift this year? We hope you have enjoyed our first Valentine’s Day DIY tutorial. If you’re having trouble deciding what to get your loved ones or friends this year, you’re in luck because we have many goodies planned out for you over the next month. Are you a fan of these DIY hair bows? Will you be making any for the upcoming Valentine’s Day or spring season? Please share your ideas and let us know what sort of patterns you will be making with this tutorial. And if you have any comments, questions or suggestions, we would love to hear them! Check back again next week for an all new DIY tutorial and more ideas for Valentine’s Day.