Want to have a fun and frisky Halloween this year? Bunny costumes have always been a popular favorite among customers and this year is no different. When we think of bunny costumes, we think of Playboy, Las Vegas and all the glamour that goes along with it. Putting together a bunny costume for Halloween is simple and straight-forward. However, we at iLoveSexy decided to kick things up a notch this year. Instead of keeping the standard bunny ears that come with every costume, we wanted to create our own bunny ears with a modern twist. Lace bunny ears have made headlines over the past couple of years. From Lady Gaga to the Olsen Twins, it seems as though everyone wants a piece of these lace bunny ears. That’s why for this week’s DIY, we bring you our very own DIY lace bunny ears tutorial for you! Quick and easy to do, these lace bunny ears are flirty yet elegant, and will definitely be a hit at Halloween parties. All eyes will be on you and every girl is going to want to know where you got them. The best part? Because they look so amazing, no one will believe that you hand-crafted them yourself! So if you’re confident enough to rock a bunny costume this year, then let’s get started on these DIY Lace Bunny Ears! And as always, we have compiled our top recommendations from our Bunny Costume Collection to pair perfectly with these ears for your consideration. Here goes!
What you will need:
Thick floral wire
Needle and thread
1. Measure out the desired shape of your bunny ears on the floral wire. Bend the floral wire according to the shape and use a wire cutter to cut them. Make sure to leave one end of the floral wire long enough to coil later.
2. Using pliers, twist one end of the wire to the other end, wrapping around tightly to form the shape of the bunny ear.
4. Use pliers to create a coil on the long end of the wire. Wrap the wire around several times to make a sturdy and flat coil.
5. This is how your bunny ears should look like so far.
6. Cut out a large piece of lace and lay it on top of the floral wire.
7. Use a needle and thread to sew the lace onto the wire. Try to keep the threads close together to avoid bunching the lace.
8. After you have finished sewing your lace to the wire, knot it securely. Use scissors to cut off the excess lace.
9. This is how your lace bunny ears should look like so far. Aren’t they simply adorable?
10. Attach your bunny ears to the headband by applying hot glue onto the coil you created earlier and pressing it to the headband. Hold it there for about thirty seconds or until you know the hot glue has dried.
11. This next step is optional, but to imitate the fluffiness of bunnies, we decided to add a few feathers to the bottom of the ears. We cut some black feathers into clusters and used hot glue to attach them.
And there you have it! Now you have your very own pair of DIY lace bunny ears to go with any Halloween bunny costumes. Whether you choose to buy a costume or put one together yourself, these DIY lace bunny ears are chic enough to pair with them. And this accessory is not just limited to black lace. You can use any colored lace to create these bunny ears, just as long as you use the same colored thread. For a sweet and innocent look, white or pink colors would look divine. And if you want to go trendy, you could go with mint-colored bunny ears. Or if you prefer to go down a more eclectic route, you can even use bright colors such as neon pink or purple. We love the bunny costumes in our collection, and we just can’t help but share a few ideas that would make for a very fun and flirty Halloween. So let’s take a look at our top picks for the year!
Although times have changed since the glitz and glam of the 1960s Playboy Club, the allure of a woman in the bunny costume still stands to this day. Are you in love with any of these? We can’t help but noticing just how enchanting our DIY Lace Bunny Ears would look with any of them. Whether you are looking for a vintage bunny look or a modern bunny look, these bunny ears make the perfect accessory and can be worn in so many different ways. We would love to know yours as well, so please leave us some love in the form of comments, questions or suggestions. We have been working hard to come up with the most fun, creative and easy tutorials to help get you prepped for a very sexy Halloween! So check back again next week for more DIY tutorials! You just might find something that you want to create.
Don’t forget to share the amazing Halloween DIYs you have come up with. Send us pictures of any of our DIY tutorials that you have done via email at email@example.com, and we may post it up on our Instagram at @ilovesexycom.