Entering the world of burlesque is like entering a fantasy world. Dancers tantalize your visual senses with the art of tease and seduction while looking fabulous in leather, fringe and feathers. Burlesque is not so much about about flaunting what you’ve got, but subtly revealing what’s underneath. Sophisticated yet alluring, wild yet coy, burlesque brings the best of both worlds to the stage. And with so many burlesque-inspired costumes and lingerie in our collection, we, at iLoveSexy, cannot help but celebrate the art of burlesque during Halloween season. This week, we bring you a gorgeous DIY fascinator tutorial for pairing with Halloween burlesque costumes. Fascinators have long replaced larger hair apparel such as top hats and wide-brimmed hats and are a fun way to adorn your head with decorative pieces. If you are looking for sexy and elegant look this Halloween, then we have the perfect costumes for you from our amazing Burlesque Collection. So follow along our DIY fascinator tutorial and check out our top four burlesque costume selections towards the end!
What you will need:
Open netting or tulle
Hot glue gun
1. Trim your feathers as needed, depending on the size you want them to be.
2. After you have your feather trimmed to the size you want, take your felt and cut a small half circle to lay against the feather. This will be the base you glue your feathers to.
3. Take your hot glue gun and dispense a small amount to the back of the felt. Press it against the feather until you know that the glue has dried.
4. Starting at one of the corners of the netting, cut a small piece along the material, making sure to cut at a curve.
5. Gather the netting at the corner and twist the material a few times towards the middle. Tie a knot at the end to create this shape.
6. Glue the netting onto the felt, making sure that the knot area is attached securely.
7. Dispense hot glue onto the flower and attach it to the back of the netting.
8. If you’d like, you can attach additional feathers to the back of the netting and small pearls to the front of the flower. This set is optional but we felt that this really helped give the decorative flower volume and dimension.
9. Dispense hot glue onto the headband and press the decorative flower piece against it until you know that the glue has dried.
And now, your DIY fascinator is complete! These steps we took to create this gorgeous headpiece were incredibly easy and straightforward and don’t take that much effort to put together. You can create your DIY fascinator in many different ways by adding rhinestones, different colored flowers and netting to match whatever outfit you plan to wear. And here’s a little secret about this DIY fascinator–it can be worn in two different ways, depending on which look you would like to sport.
You can wear the DIY fascinator with the feather and netting pointing towards the back of your head for a sophisticated and elegant burlesque look. This headpiece does look quite posh, doesn’t it?
Or you can wear it with the feather and tulle facing towards the front a more dark, mysterious and Gothic burlesque look. The gorgeous, soft feather and netting that grazes your hair will subtly bring attention to your eyes. Which look do you prefer? Either way looks incredibly gorgeous, and we just can’t decide on which one we would go with. To help make your decision easier, let’s take a look at some of our Burlesque showstoppers for the upcoming Halloween!
Burlesque is all about fantasy and transformation, and what better time to transform into your own fantasy than Halloween? For those of you who love to dance and perform, these burlesque dancer costumes are the perfect outfit. Pair any of these amazing costumes with the DIY fascinator and you will command the attention of the entire room at your upcoming Halloween party. And if you want to take a look at more choices, head on over to our website to check out more options in our Burlesque Costume Collection. So what did you think of this tutorial? Was it easy enough to follow along? And are you in love with any of these costumes? We greatly value your feedback so don’t forget to send us some love in the form of comments, questions or suggestions!
Send us pictures of any of our DIY tutorials that you have created via email at email@example.com, and we may post it up on our Instagram at @ilovesexycom. As Halloween draws closer, we are continuously thinking of ways to make this year’s Halloween fun, flirty and fabulous! Check back again next week for an all new DIY tutorial.