One of our favorite parts about the springtime are the flowers to come to bloom. The long winter months can get drab and dreary at times we could not be more excited to begin the new season with all the pretty scenery and colors. Soaking in the sunshine and viewing all the lovely flowers lining the fields and streets are a great inspiration. And this week at iLoveSexy Blog, we were inspired by the upcoming season and have come up with a gorgeous DIY decorative mirror for this week’s tutorial. Perfect for adding a touch of glamour, this DIY decorative mirror makes the perfect accent piece to your home. Gluing flowers to the mirror instantly turns it into a vintage work of art and can really add light and depth your space. Best of all, it closely resembles those expensive mirrors you see in luxury home decor stores. How’s that for the perfect springtime home decor? Stick around until the end for a sneak peek at some of our favorite spring lingerie selections too. Now let’s jump right in to our tutorial!
What you will need:
Plain mirror with a frame
Hot glue gun
1. Cover the mirror by overlapping pieces of scratch paper and taping them together.
2. Spray an even coat of paint on the mirror frame.
3. While the paint on the mirror is drying, remove the fake flowers from their stems. You should be able to pull them off with relative ease, as demonstrated in this picture but if not, you can cut them from the stem.
4. Gather the flowers you wish to decorate your mirror with. Try to find a variety of flowers in different sizes if you can.
5. Spray an even coat of paint onto the flowers, making sure that flower is covered completely. Repeat this step for two to three coats, if needed.
6. Once everything has dried, this is how your materials should look. Doesn’t the gold paint make everything look so regal?
7. Now it’s time to start decorating! Glue the flowers to the mirror frame in whatever fashion you would like. To keep things simple, we covered two corners of the mirror. But you can decorate all four corners or even the entire frame if you’d like.
8. To give the flowers a little more dimension and sparkle, we glued a cascading design with rhinestones to the frame and a few to the flowers.
Is this gorgeous or what? This DIY decorative mirror is sure to have you feeling like the fairest in the land with its simple yet elegant design. And best of all, this fun spring project is a great way to spruce up any inexpensive mirrors without breaking the bank!
Spring officially arrives next week on March 20th and we’ve definitely been counting down the days. To help get you ready for the fun and flirty season, we just wanted to share a few of our favorite sexy styles that are sure to be a hit this year. Let us know which one is your favorite!
There is so much more to springtime than just the weather. The feeling that spring brings along with its beauty is the promise of better things to come after a long winter. We hope this week’s DIY tutorial will help you welcome in spring. What did you think of this DIY Decorative Mirror? Is this a project you would like to take on? How would you decorate your own? And what other DIY projects do you think are perfect for spring? As always, we would love to hear your thoughts and questions in the comment box below. Check us out again next week for a fun St. Patrick’s Day DIY tutorial you won’t want to miss!