Just like clothes, not all types of lingerie flatters everyone. It is all about knowing your body type and learning to play up the good features and down play the not so great ones. Each person is shaped different. Some are more top heavy while others are more bottom heavy. Then there are the lucky ones who are blessed with beautiful hourglass shapes that look great in almost anything. While you may or may not be one of those, there are most definitely ways to work your body to your advantage so that you may still feel sexy and confident in the garments that you do choose to wear. Every one has the right to feel sexy just as much as the next. Just because you do not look like those celebrities on the cover of your favorite fashion magazine does not mean you are not just as beautiful. This week we are going to help you identify your body shape so you can have a better understanding your features. After identifying your shape, we are going to give you some pointers as to what kind of lingerie you should be buying and which ones will flatter your body the most.
Rectangle Body Type
Measurements for the bust, waist, and hips are similar in size. Little to no curve definition.
– Aim to add volume to the bust and hips.
– Look for padded/push up bras to create a fuller bust.
– Anything with ruching or ruffles will add volume.
– Try lingerie skirts that will help create the illusion of wider hips.
– Corsets that will cinch in the waist making it look smaller that the bust and hips.
Inverted Triangle Body Type
Body is top heavy and shoulders are generally more broad. Fuller bust but smaller waist and narrow hips.
– Full coverage or balconette bras will support the bust area and lift it up.
– Baby dolls that draws attention away from the smaller hips.
– Lower rise panties that starts at the widest part of your hips.
– Look for details such as ruffles or bows in bottoms only to add more volume to the hips.
Pear Body Type
Pears carry most of their weight in their lower body. They have smaller shoulders, chest, and waist, but their hips and thighs are bigger.
– Demi cup bras with padding will help lift up the small bust and create more cleavage.
– Boy short panties that covers the wider hips.
– Chemise that just skims the body and does not add any unnecessary extra volume.
Hourglass Body Type
The bust and hips are proportionate to each other. The waist size is the smallest and defined.
– Aim to accentuate all your natural curves.
– Corsets will add even more definition to your shape.
– Teddies or bodysuits will wear beautifully.
– Any vintage inspired lingerie will a high waist line will bring out your tiny waist.
We hoped this guide has helped you and that you now have a better understanding of what your best features are. Use this guide to help you in your next lingerie purchase or even your clothing purchases. Now that you know what to hide and what to accentuate you can make really begin to accentuate in all the right places. Tell us what your body type is and leave us any feedback you may have in the comments section. We would love to hear them.