Just like clothing has care instructions to prolong its lifespan and prevent it from falling apart, lingerie does as well. Handling lingerie is an important process because they are delicate garments made of more delicate fabrics. Remember to always follow the proper washing instructions that comes written on the tag. If it does not have one, we have put together a Lingerie Care Guide which applies to most if not all lingerie pieces. Follow these tips and treat your lingerie with care. By doing so you will get the most out of your favorite bra or pair of panties, and you will get to wear them for a longer period of time.
• Unless absolutely necessary, avoid using the washing machine and treat your lingerie to hand washing.
• If using a washing machine, always use cold water with a mild detergent on a gentle cycle. This will avoid ruining the elasticity of your garments.
• Always hang dry or dry flat. Never put your lingerie in the dryer because the heat will cause loss in elasticity of the fabric.
Additional Care Tips
• Use a mesh or lingerie bag to separate your lingerie from regular clothing. There are also bra bags especially designed to keep the shape of your bra during the washing process.
• Hook the back of your bras before washing to avoid any possible tugging or pulling against other undergarments.
• Turn panties inside out.
• Just like clothes, sort lingerie in colors.
• Rotate out your bras and panties every week to prolong their lifespan.
We hope this guide was helpful, and if you have any other questions regarding the care of your most precious lingerie pieces, please feel free to leave a comment and let us know!